John Jay College Resources
- Resources for Undocumented Students at John Jay College! “Welcome to the John Jay resource page for undocumented students! We provide information here to help undocumented both non-DACA and DACA–immigrant students reach their goals of college success. New information and resources will be added frequently, so please check back regularly for updates. With immediate questions or concerns, please reach out to Nancy Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- Legal and Financial resources for undocumented John Jay Students
- Single Stop Legal Services at John Jay College
- LGBTQ Resources at John Jay College
- Wellness Center: Legal Aid Attorney: 212-237-8111
- CUNY School of Law CLEAR (Creating Law Enforcement Accountability & Responsibility) Project "primarily aims to address the unmet legal needs of Muslim, Arab, South Asian, and other communities in the New York City area that are particularly affected by national security and counter-terrorism policies and practices." Contact them at: email@example.com or (718) 340-4558 for legal advice & Know Your Rights training.
- CUNY Citizenship Now! 212-650-6620
- CUNY Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Action NYC Immigration Legal Help appointments (NYC gov service)
- NYC is a sanctuary city - what does that mean? Read a history of sanctuary movements in the U.S. from the Encyclopedia of Activism and Social Justice (JJ only). Petition to make CUNY a sanctuary.
- Vera Institute of Justice legal orientation program for detained immigrants (materials in many languages).
- New York Immigration Coalition. List of authorized nonprofit immigration legal services organizations
- Legal Aid Society Immigration Law Unit.
- CAMBA Immigration Legal Services
- Emerald Isle Immigration Center (Queens based non-profit, includes FAQ Know your Rights , and Deportation info)
NY State Resources
- Make the Road, NYC Deportation Defense Manual.
- New N.Y. hotline for when loved ones don't get through airports New York Daily News January 29, 2017 The Hotline number is: 1-888-769-7243, (a line run by the New York Department of State)
- New York State Office for New Americans
- SUNY information on changes in Federal immigration policies. (Jan 29, 2017).
United States and International Resources
- March 6, 2017: Executive Order Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States | WhiteHouse.gov
- January 25, 2017: Executive Order: Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States | WhiteHouse.gov
- January 25, 2017: Executive Order: Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements | WhiteHouse.gov
- Dept. of Homeland Security "Executive orders on protecting the homeland", implementation memos, fact sheets, etc..
- Ron Lieber (2/17/2017) How you can help refugees in the United States. New York Times
- Libraries & Immigration Actions: Plans & Resistance - a list of resources for libraries.
- National Immigration Law Center New Questions and Answers about DACA Now That Trump Is President.
- Informed Immigrant Resources 101: Important Info for Immigrants & Allies
- NPR: All Things Considered (January 30, 2017): Universities Grapple With Trump's Executive Order On Immigration
- The International Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP)