Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Make your research visible!
- Where to submit your article? Here's a tool, Think! Check! Submit!, that can help you decide. And here's a library newsletter article about it. Elsevier and Springer publishers also provide tools that will suggest potentially appropriate journals for your article submissions.
- Find details about thousands of journals, including audience, editorial contact info, reviews, acceptance rate, peer review status, etc. via Ulrich's periodicals directory.
- Jane Friedman's Writing, Reading, and Publishing in the Digital Age provides valuable advice on choosing a book publisher.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education curates articles and opinion essays on all aspects of the topic in their Publishing section.
- The Research School for Socio-Economic and Natural Sciences of the Environment (SENSE) in the Netherlands created a widely-used ranking of academic publishers.
- Keep your copyrights: Sample contracts for a wide range of publication types, from Columbia Law School.
- The Authors Alliance Fair Use for Nonfiction Authors can help you navigate the use of copyrighted material in your own work.