Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Oxford Art Online
Oxford Art Online
Access to the entire text of the 34 vol. Dictionary of Art from Grove, The Oxford Companion to Western Art, Encyclopedia of Aesthetics, and The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms, with updates and links to images.
Alternate access via library barcode
African American & Latinx Art
Find Journal Articles
this is a paste from Hunter college guide, change to jjay links
- Academic Search Complete The most multi-disciplinary and general full-text periodicals database. Contains the full text of approx. 3,500 journals, with indexing going back to the mid 1970's on some titles. Updated daily.
- Art Index &
- Art Index Retrospective Index to articles in journals, museum bulletins and yearbooks on fine and applied arts, including architecture and archaeology; also indexes art reproductions appearing in periodicals. The majority of the articles are in English.
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index Multidisciplinary index to research journals in the arts and humanities. Coverage: 1975 to present.
- Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA) The world's most comprehensive bibliography of scholarly writing about the history of European and American visual arts from late antiquity to the present. This database indexes and abstracts art-related books, conference proceedings and dissertations, exhibition and dealers' catalogs, and articles from over 4,300 periodicals. Available on the Getty Website, it includes BHA records from 1990-2007, and includes records from RILA covering 1975-1989.
- Biography Resource Center Full text biographies on approx. 220,000 people from published biographical reference works and magazines, with web links.
- Humanities Full Text Comprehensive database of journal articles in the humanities; full text from 1994 forward, indexing with abstracts from 1984 forward.
- JSTOR Full text of scholarly journals in arts and science, business and economics, language and literature, humanities, and social sciences. Current journals are not entered into the database for 2 to 5 years. Searchable by topic or by journal name.
- Oxford Art Online The electronic version of Grove's multi-volume art encyclopedia and other Oxford art reference works, with hyperlinks.
- Oxford Reference Online Full text of over 100 of the Oxford reference works on a variety of subjects.